May Arts Alive
First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances May 5 6-9 p.m. Phone Eureka Main Street at 707-442-9054, for more information or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org
A. UNITY OF THE REDWOODS 1619 California St. (Sons of Norway Bldg.) Teresa Olivares, Linda Susan Hawkes, Lynna Ridgeway, and Mark Files, new paintings, drawings, collage and jewelry; Metaphysical Bookstore also open.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Peggy Jenkinson, “Silent Poetry”, multi media and verre eglomisé paintings.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St.
New!! Humboldt Artist Gallery Artist Cooperative; Performance Rotunda: Wallace and Phines, performing; William Thonson Gallery: The Humboldt School of Landscape Painting, Julia Bednar, John Crater, Judy Evenson, Eric Fidjeland, Ralphie Hendrix, Ken Jarvela, Jim McVicker, Terry Oats, Kathy O’Leary, John Palmer, Steve Porter, Leslie Reid, Alan Sanborn, Stock Schlueter, Randy Spicer, Dolores Terry, Alicia Treadway, George Van Hook, and Lisa Marie Waters; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Celebration of the Arts 2012 Auction pre bid on art work honoring Gary and Pam Barker for their Outstanding Contributions to Art; Anderson Gallery Rewood Art Association 54th Annual Spring Juried Exhibition. RAA is the oldest artists’ association in Humboldt County; Knight Gallery Shawn Gould””Humboldt Wild”, paintings; Atrium Gallery Morris Graves, works from HAC Permanent Collection, and CD-ROM The Life & Art of Morris Graves; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden; Youth Gallery Eureka High School Senior Art Showcase; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery Children’s art created in April.
3. REDWOOD REALM ARCHITECTURAL ANTIQUES 618 F St.
3a. EUREKA THEATER 618 F St. Roberta Preble.
3b. ANNEX 39 608 F St.
3c. PAUL’S LIVE FROM NEW YORK PIZZA 604 F St. Now Open!!!
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. (across from Partrick’s Candy) Membership Spring Exhibition.
5. DALIANES 522 F St. Robert Lopez, “Travels with Dalianes” acrylic paintings and pastels depicting trips booked through Dalianes; Dennis and Leialoha Robinson, Hawaiian music, performing
6. F STREET FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund’s Camera 527 F St. “Modernism, Photography After 1930”, featuring 12 artists including Ansel Adams.
7. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Dave Van Patten, and Branden Barlow, paintings.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Jesse G. Cala wood and bronze sculpture.
9. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. Featured artist, Stock Schlueter, “Plein Air and Plain Talk”, paintings; Doug Feldon and Friends, performing.
9a. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. “So That Any Child Who Wants to Dance – Can”, scholarship fundraiser and Cinco de Mayo Party. Pablo King, DJ music and salsa lessons, great Mexican food, and more. $20 per person.
10. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Mischa Lollar and Brent Forsyth.
11. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS 318 Fifth St. Jaffa Dugan, Kitch Eitzen, Maija Kalb, Marla West, Ann Anderson, and Jane Cinnamond, floral, land and riverscape watercolors.
11a. Z & J ASIAN SUBS 310 Fifth St.
12. REPUBLICAN HEADQUARTERS 311 Fifth St. Bernice Houston, paintings and weavings.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Katherine Ziemer, “Antique Wooden Boats”, photography; Brandon Clark, photography.
14. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. Dre Meza, Casey Z, and Juniper new works.
15. INK ANNEX (Ink People Gallery formerly Empire Squared) 47 W. Third St. North Coast Open Studios artists, and reception. Appetizers, no host wine bar, and live music.
16. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. Dawn Wentworth, “Experiemental – Through the Eyes of an Artist”.
17. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Valaria Alvarado.
17a. THE WORKS 210 C St. Phillip King, artwork.
17b. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St.
18. SAILORS’ GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tatoo related art, antiques, and memorabilia.
18a. LIVELLA STUDIO 120 Second St. Recording Studios. Mod Brothers, peforming.
18b. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Christian Abercrombie and Friends Show 4 p.m., and Trip Wire, 6 p.m..
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Paul Fukunaga, paper and reed sculpture; Amanda Wilson, mixed media paintings.
19. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C Sts. Marni Schneider, photography; Dr. Squid, performing.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main Entrance Through Snug Alley)
North Coast Journal “Field Notes” columnist, Barry Evans, “Travel the World”, photography; “For Better” our 50th production, is a modern, comic farce about modern weddings. Performance begins at 8 p.m. Tickets $15.00
19b. FOOT OF C STREET Come meet Jack Sewell between 6 and 7 p.m. and talk with him about his latest sculpture gracing C Street Market Square. Jack was commissioned by the City of Eureka, following a juried competition, for a permanent water sculpture at the foot of C Street.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
20a. ACCENT STYLING GALLERY 219 Second St. Wynsome Winds, performing.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Laura Rowe, “A Kind Of Beauty”, drawings.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Renee Thompson, acrylic and oil paintings; Todd Krider, acoustic guitar music, performing.
21a. NORTH COAST KNITTERY 320 Second St. We are open!
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Carol Nelson, vintage jewelry; Adam Dias, woodworking; Fern Valley Goats, goats milk soap; Loreta Flemingate, bright amber & feather jewelry.
23. HUMBOLDT GLASS BLOWERS 214 E St. Monica Haff, paintings; Pinball tournament.
23a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. Vintage Clothing Exhibit, May Pearsall 1910-1930. Murder Mystery Masquerade Ball at the Eureka Woman’s Club located at 1531 J Street in Eureka. Dinner, music and a show for only $50, and all proceeds go to the Clarke Historical Museum and the Lost Coast Rotaract. Doors open at 7 p.m.
24. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Barbara J. Pulliam, watercolors, ink, and graphite; Gael Dougherty, watercolor, colored pencil, & pastel..
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid, and Mark McKenna, photography.
25a. ORIGINS DESIGN LAB 426 Third St. Mari Shroeder, rrt quilts made from upcycled clothing.
25b. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Jeeze Louise, feather headbands and new jewelry.
26. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Jesse Weidel, Erin Whitman, Chris Hungerford, Kris Swan, Mari Persson, Dave Orchard, Doug Lunt, “Mural 2.0”, mixed media integrated into the existing murals; The Living Rooms, acoustic guitar performing.
26a. THE SPEAKEASY BAR 411 Opera Alley
27. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Jan Hollander, North Coast landscape oil paintings; Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers, performing.
28. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Rosalie Thomson, mixed media; Samuel Whitlach, performing.
28a. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. The Art of the Written Word.
29. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Linnea Tobias, acrylic and watercolor paintings feature birds and other animals amongst flowering branches and succulents, with accents of gold leaf and collage.
30. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
31. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
32. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St.
32a. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Erin Whitman, “Projections: Paintings and Mixed Media”. Michael Guerriero, “Celebrating the Eel River Salmon Run”, works on paper, canvas and mixed-media commemorate the return of higher population levels of salmon in the Eel River watershed.
33. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza Richard Duning, paintings.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Abbie Perrott, paintings.
35. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Libby Palmquist, “Repurposed Art Garments, Skirts, Tops, Belts, and more”, created from repurposed materials.
35a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Starla Ball, paintings.
36. YARN 418 Second St. Brooklyn Marvin, illustrations.
36a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St.
37. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Amber Jones, Copper Turtles.
38. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Lunel Haysmer, Assemblage Art, Phil Haysmer, Redwood Art.
39. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
40. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40a. ALIROSE 229 F St. Justine Levy, jewelry artist.
40b. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St.
41. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Patricia Sennott, Botanical Monotypes.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Steven Schmidt.
43. DANNILYNN’S SHOE BOUTIQUE 527 Third St. Frank Shelley and Kari Shoberg, Lost in the Redwoods Photography.
43a. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694. \
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Ellen Poitras, Lakota-Chippewa, fiber artist.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Carol Lauer, Jean Hawkins, Patty Holbrook, paintings.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Eureka High School, mixed media; Dale Winget, guitar/vocalist, performing.
45a. CODY GALLERY 213 F St.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Gabriella Wotherspoon, vibrante watercolor and acrylic paintings; Emily Reinhart, “Open Mic Night”, charcoals; Trifecta, multi-style music, performing.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Margriet Seinen, paintings on silk; George Mooney, classical and folk tunes, cafe style, on guitar and violin.
48. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Floral paintings.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Permanent Display: historic photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Baroni Jewelry, charms, necklaces, and more.
49a. TESORI 525 Second St. Michael Rowland, acrylics; Becky Saucedo, crochet; Alleta Hele, woodwork.
50. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St.
51. LUCIDITY 531 Second St. Tony Machado, paintings; Alison Vernon, a painter out of New Hampshire; live jazz.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor): Studio 106 Yuma Lynch, mixed media and landscape paintings; Studio 109 Fran Kuta; Studio 120 David Steinhardt, “Ceiling Murals”, acrylics on canvas; Studio 206 Rob Hampson; BUSCH GALLERY Studio 333 Robert Busch, oil paintings; Geometrix, clothing line.
53. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. New Location!!!! Come check us out!!!
54. ART CENTER 616 Second St. Lauris Phillips, brush paintings/Sumi paintings.
54a. PIANTE 620 Second St. Lien Truong, and Nicole Jean Hill.
55. DELIGHTFUL EYE PHOTOGRAPHY 622 Second St. Scott and Jennifer Wilson, landscape, portraits and weddings photography.
55a. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen & ink.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Redwood Empire Quilters Show and Sale.
58. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 Third St. Education Cannabis Show, Cannabis Collage, memorabilia, propaganda posters.
59. ADORNI CENTER 1011Waterfront Dr. Donna Sellers, acrylic paintings; Jaci Forthun, drawings; Jessica Albee, acrylic paintings.
Consumer-Driven Campaign Will Revitalize and Repaint the Main Streets of 20 U.S.
and Canadian CommunitiesCONTINUE READING