The Eureka Main Street program began in 1992 as a public-private partnership between the Redevelopment Agency and the Downtown and Old Town merchants. The area served includes the forty-nine blocks between A and I Streets,
The Eureka Main Street program is governed by a Board of Directors representing merchants, professionals, the City of Eureka, and various community organizations.
A full-time, professional staff manages the day-to-day operations of the programs. Eureka Main Street promotes the unique character of Eureka’s Core Business District. The District is a magnet. Specialty shopping and distinguished restaurants draw locals and visitors from throughout the region.
Eureka Main Street provides the following services to its members and the community at large:.
- Advocates on behalf of business and property owners and business tenants on issues such as seismic strengthening of buildings, sign and other building codes, zoning issues and parking requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between business and property owners and the City of Eureka to find solutions to development problems.
- Maintains an email system to notify businesses of bad checks, shoplifters, upcoming events, and other important information.
- Sponsors special events to bring new customers and customer groups into Downtown and Old Town
- Promotes the District through various media.
- Provides education on business-related topics through workshops, guest speakers, and emails.
- Provides consultations, information, and referrals to new and existing businesses.
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Scrapper's Edge, President
Kramer Properties, Vice President
US Bank, Treasurer
Marian Brady, Eureka City Council Liaison
Eureka City Council
Eureka Rubber Stamp
Andrea Ralph Tax Planning and Preparation
Old Town Coffee & Chocolates
Barbara Maxon, Past President