The Eureka Main Street program began in 1992 as a public-private partnership between the Redevelopment Agency and the Downtown and Old Town merchants. The area served includes the forty-nine blocks between A and I Streets,
The Eureka Main Street program is governed by a Board of Directors representing merchants, professionals, the City of Eureka, and various community organizations.
A full-time, professional staff manages the day-to-day operations of the programs. Eureka Main Street promotes the unique character of Eureka’s Core Business District. The District is a magnet. Specialty shopping and distinguished restaurants draw locals and visitors from throughout the region.
Eureka Main Street provides the following services to its members and the community at large:
- A Redevelopment Agency funded façade improvement program. This program provides financial assistance to business and property owners interested in renovating their storefronts.
- Advocates on behalf of business and property owners and business tenants on issues such as seismic strengthening of buildings, sign and other building codes, zoning issues and parking requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between business and property owners and the City of Eureka to find solutions to development problems.
- Maintains an email system to notify businesses of bad checks, shoplifters, upcoming events, and other important information.
- Sponsors special events to bring new customers and customer groups into Downtown and Old Town
- Promotes the District through various media.
- Provides education on business-related topics through workshops, guest speakers, and emails.
- Provides consultations, information, and referrals to new and existing businesses.
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Cafe Nooner, President
Kramer Properties, Vice President
US Bank, Treasurer
Marian Brady, Eureka City Council Liaison
Eureka City Council
Eureka Rubber Stamp
Old Town Coffee & Chocolates
Barbara Maxon, Past President